Monday, July 13, 2009

Thoughts on life

Wooo! My very first blog. I am so excited! Im not talking about this whole blog venture, but about life. I know that i'm still young by all accounts, but going from being a 20 year old single boy living with his mom in Georgia to a 23 year old young man living with his wife and 2 kids in Indiana has completely changed my mindset. Back then I was just so confused. I was going through the motions. I didnt know what I wanted to do with myself. I didnt really work. Didnt even really know what work was. I would work all these odd jobs for church friends or my cousin at a museum. I wasnt really worried about school or what God had in store for me. I was just doing my own thing. Sure I was still in church and participating, but I was doing it to appease my friends and church leaders.( those stories I will save for other blogs ).

Now, life seems much different. I cant just look out for me, I have to make decisions based on the well being of my family. I am now a restaraunt manager, fulltime student and an avid God lover. Yes it gets hard sometimes to balance studying, working, praying, and playing with my kids but it is all worth it. The good outweighs the bad by far. Im not saying im perfect or life is perfect b/c we all know there will always be obsticals and stumbling blocks. But dog onit, life is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment